XDI Org Charter
- 1 Name
- 2 Purpose
- 3 Principles
- 4 Practices
- 5 Requirements of Participation and How to Join
- 6 Licenses and/or Restrictions on Usage of Work Product
- 7 Current Deliverables and Milestones
- 8 Current Meeting Schedule
- 9 Current Membership
- 10 Current Stewards Council Representative and Alternate
- 11 Current Links
- 12 Quarterly Reports
XDI.org Working Group
The purpose of this working group is to provide community goverance of open public infrastructure based on the XRI & XDI standards. To quote from the XDI.org website:
XDI.ORG is an international non-profit public trust organization governing open public XRI and XDI infrastructure. XRI (Extensible Resource Identifier) and XDI (XRI Data Interchange) are open standards for digital identity addressing and trusted data sharing developed at OASIS, the leading XML e-business standards body. XRI and XDI infrastructure enables individuals and organizations to establish persistent, privacy-protected Internet identities and form long-term, trusted peer-to-peer data sharing relationships.
This working group will function according to the Identity Commons Principles (see Purpose And Principles).
How does the working group go about doing its work together?
- a group that hosts event that it charges money for to cover costs might have a practice that 15% of money it earns in doing those events goes to general operating funds for Identity Commons.
- A group might state that all its meeting notes must be publically published.
Requirements of Participation and How to Join
This working group is organized as a non-profit Utah corporation with a volunteer board of trustees. XDI.org's charter requires that the organization be community governed. Discussion of how to implement this community governance is just beginning, and will be a major focus of the working group.
Licenses and/or Restrictions on Usage of Work Product
All XDI.org specifications are open, public, royalty-free specifications published under the XDI.org license.
Current Deliverables and Milestones
XDI.org publishes the Global Services Specifications (GSS) and I-Services Specifications (ISS). These are open public specifications maintained by volunteer contributors. Both the GSS and ISS specifications are published and revised as needed meet community requirements for open public XRI and XDI infrastructure.
In addition the working group has the following specific deliverable:
- XDI.org Bylaw Revision to define membership and governance Spring 2007
Current Meeting Schedule
- The XDI.org board conducts email discussions regularly and conducts board meetings as needed.
- XDI.org also maintains a number of discussion lists for i-brokers and contributors/reviewers of the GSS and ISS specifications.
The current members of XDI.org are the trustees. A key deliverable of this working group is to revise the bylaws to define community-based membership and election of the trustees.
Current Stewards Council Representative and Alternate
- Representative: Bill Washburn (http://xri.net/=bill.washburn)
- Alternate: Nat Sakimura (http://xri.net/=sakimura)
- XDI.org Website: http://www.xdi.org
- XDI.org GSS wiki: http://gss.xdi.org
- XDI.org ISS wiki: http://iss.xdi.org
- XDI.org General wiki: http://wiki.xdi.org