Stewards Council Telecom: 2009 August 5
Stewards Council Telecon: 2009 August 5 - call to start at 9:15 PST, 12:15 EST
- Review of agenda
- Volunteer to take notes
1) Status update reports - 1-3 minute from each project.
- OpenID, ICF, ID-Media and ID Futures, Project VRM, DataPortability, OSIS, ID-Legal, Kids Online, IIW, User-Centric Health, New potential group.
2) Updates on action items from last call [very brief]
- Progress on new system for blogs
- Business Committee update - one pager and tax status election
Dean Landsman - Project VRM
- Workshop in Boston on Oct 14-15
- Pre IIW
- Saturday Oct 31 is an “inside baseball” steering committee
- Sunday Nov 1 is a leadership day.
- application launch Scanneroo - is out from Chris Carfi
- work is happening
Denise Tayloe - Kids Online
- Looking at October date for next unconference
- Laws in Maine
- FTC to get involved in online advertising and make it opt-in
Mary Ruddy - Higgins
- They are working on updating things on project wiki
- Pam from Pamela Project sent her regrets - is enjoying new format
Steve Repeti - Data Portability
- Board meeting and Quarterly Plentary since last call.
- EULA plus project continues
- create a set of spec’s for EULA’s identity, ownership and data portability.
- join the public mailing list -> weekly meetings for it
- Open Web Foundation updates
- Annual Meeting happened recently
- Board Elections start tomorrow
Mary - on OpenID/ICF
- ICF & OpenID - workshop on Monday the 10th of August
- using open internet identity standards for more open government
- invited professional privacy experts
- solicit their input - to get their feedback before going on to next stages of the project
Kaliya - IIW
- Registration is open!
- we are asking to have 75 people signed up by Sept 15th.
ID-Futures & Nick's Work
- Kaliya - ID Futures group is going to retire itself in part because of Nick’s death
- Dean Landsman - group working on moving Nick’s work forward.
BLOG - is ready for stewards to update pages please login