Here's what I will try to learn about or resolve regarding the IIW & theTeam Legal-ID:
- What is our fundraising history?
- How can we more thoughtfully set pricing for attendance at our activities?
- Can we sometimes hold linked events, with a high priced day (e.g., for Law Firms) followed by a lower priced, more open event?
Question: can we start an IIW membership program with annual dues?
Most non-profit donations are provided by individuals. I suspect that 70% of EFF's money is made of single membership donations. Corporations tend to give the next largest share, mainly for marketing purposes. Foundations give the least, and seldom to non-profits that don't have a track read of building a following of small donors.
Most of what I believe about fundraising I learned from Kim Klein. (NOTE: http://www.grassrootsfundraising.org/)
Kim's three core rules are:
- plan, plan, plan and work the plan;
- one must ask in order to receive; and
- always interweave events with fundraising asks and with membership drives.