N4N Call March 11 2007
- Kaliya Hamlin
- Cindy Spannhake
- Steven Greenburg
- Helping with IIW2008a Announcement Copy
- Working on the development of Starting Points
- Helping to outline the intro part of IIW
why are we here?
Thinking is a bit farther ahead in 'the thinking' in the data portability. Finding out about the Identity Commons model and how it works.
What they didn't get - a loose affiliation rather then a control structure. they heard - portability is as subset of identity so you belong as a subset of 'us'.
Get that loose coupling in place and avoid that other stuff.
Feedback on IIW copy
- what do we mean by user-centric identity in the large?
- need to answer the question
- it sounds like a buzzword - very person that uses it has its own definition.
- aspect of control in the
user-centric movement message about CONTROL is not coming across
- who has access to what when where why and how
When some people think of a specific technology - they think of OpenID - list of all the technologies that are part of the community.
It is broad term we mean things like ability use identity in multiple places
what besides open ID is user-centric
current stuff oAuth, OpenID Next generation tools card selctors, Information Cards Data Linking & Access Management
User-Centric Identity is
- the ability use in more then one site
- who sees what information about you
- presence and profile information
ability maintain multiple identities
- Preferences (attention)
- purchase history
No tool set to control how information is used. Making avaliable for digital identity things you do in the regular world.
Things you do intuitively in the real world but you can't do that yet in the digital world.
Combine data from various locations.
Improving Existing Legal Constructs
New Legal constructs
- Limited Liablity Persona's
New Business models
- Identity Oracle
- How can we co-ordinate and work together
Laundry List of 'goodness'
What specifically about user-centric ID makes this possible.
Technologist - what is the point
Starting Points Page
Types of information and how it should be organized Link - Indepth statement what community is, what it believes.
What is this user-centric identity of which you speak?
This is the point of an 'individual' and the perspective of the company/organization that might implement.
Links to overviews of the technologies. List of Technologies
If you care about X