- Schema Catalog site
- Web catalog of schemas that exist or have been translated into HOWL, RDFa or XDI
- Tools for self-service translation and check-in of contributed schemas
- Wiki and mailing list. For ad hoc content development by the community
- "How To" Guides. Folks may need some guidance on how to use this site, how to apply this site's contents, etc.
- Schema web service. A service to provide programatic access to the schema database, as well as provide back-end schema translation services.
- Mid-level Ontologies. It is often true that sets of related schemas share a common structure or vocabulary. For example, there are a several of efforts underway that are looking at common vocabulary and/or structure across certain sets of LDAP schemas. We may find it convenient to capture these commonalities in an abstract ontology (that in turn uses the base ontology) that specific concrete schemas will can use.
- Cross-references. Arguably the most ambitious aspect of the Identity Schemas effort is the intent that the catalog have the ability to cross-reference Identity Attributes. For example, if there were an exact semantic match between the attribute "surname" used in one schema and "last" used in another, a cross reference could be added linking the two. Note: Cross-reference data is distinct from the schema data to which it refers.