2008 Q3 Report XDI Commons
- The XDI RDF model continues to mature; work on formal specifications will begin in Q4.
- The Higgins Project is using XDI for an identity service configuration protocol that will enable identity selectors to be automatically configured for use with OpenID providers and i-card wallet providers.
- Markus Sabadello continues to produce [new XDI utilities using the XDI4J project. His newest is the XDI Signer.
- The breakdown between the OASIS XRI Technical Committee and the W3C TAG (Technical Architecture Group) in May has led to a long set of discussions between the two groups and appears to be well on the way to a resolution. This is important as the XDI TC has a dependency on the XRI specifications from the XRI TC.
- As the OASIS XDI Technical Committee commences formal work on the XDI 1.0 specifications in the fourth quarter, we invite new members or observers to be directly involved in writing, reviewing, or testing implementations.