Community Call on NSTIC Annoucement at Stanford on Friday Jan 7th.
Call is Monday Jan 10th - 1pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern
- 1-201-793-9022 passcode 7990866#
- ICR back channel via mibbit.com with channel name - #nstic
- Program Office to be at Department of Commerce
- Thoughts Comments, Insights
- Media/People's Reaction on Twitter (share links at bottom of this page)
- Negative Frames and what we as a community involved can do
- Should we be thinking about authoring open editorials in advance of "official" annoucement
- Danger of WikiLeaks subpoena of twitter and identity issues there getting mixed up with this
- Other issues people see with this rising in profile
- government as being convener and major customer
- use cases that speak to people
- the safe way to personalize your web experience
Key Resources to Point Reporters At
- NSTIC Draft
- What is the role of OIX and how is that evolving? Are there good explanations of trust frameworks?
LINKS TO COVERAGE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT
- Good coverage
http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2011/01/obama-strategy-for-online-id/comment-page-1/ http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Trusted-Identity-Plans-Require-Proper-Balance-in-Private-Public-Partnerships-179605/ http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/216143/white_house_officials_push_online_trusted_ids.html http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2375454,00.asp http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-01-07/internet-identity-system-said-readied-by-obama-administration.html http://www.darkpolitricks.com/2011/01/internet-identity-system-said-readied-by-obama-administration/
- Neutral / detailed event coverage
- Detailed analysis
- Fearful "national ID is coming"
- Skeptics "nice but they can't do it"
- Concentrating on office over technology
- Other focus