Early January 2011 Call
- Review make suggestions on the Survey
- Talk about plan to distribute survey
- Media Coverage this week!
- NYTimes Magazine
- How do we feel about all of this - do we need to coordinate in some way or is it all working out ok.
- How do we leverage the interest into attendees at Digital Death Day?
- Feb Personal Digital Archive Event - Happy Hour - ideas/sponsors etc.
- SXSW any further thoughts on what makes sense for a 1/2 day-3h event
- Looking at Date Windows for the North American Conference. Dates "are available" for people.
- European Event
- it is in September but what we should we be doing now to prepare/coordinate.
- Taking care of community assets - ideas for cooperating/coordinating for these tools
- Moving towards being chartered "officially" as an Identity Commons working group so we can use the bank account and continue using mailing list and wiki tools. Charter http://wiki.idcommons.net/Digital_Death_Charter and picking a Steward the "big" commitment with that is reporting group activity once a month on the community stewards call.
- Other Items
Late December 2010 Call:
I wanted to report to the community about outcomes from a focused conversation we had with Evan & John from the Digital Beyond Blog and Stacey Pitsillidies.
I have updated the website to reflect these outcomes too -http://www.digitaldeathday.com
There is a core group that will work on pulling the details together for a Digital Death Day Europe around the Death Dying and Disposal Conference in September in the Netherlands composed of Stacey, Esther and the folks from Ziggur. (Should we set up a planning mailing list for it?)
We are not sure when and where to put a North American Event. We are going to work on a survey and circulate it around early in the new year. Evan is working on a draft and will circulate to list - we can use Kaliya's Survey Monkey to post.
This event needs to be community promoted - we are looking for other key leaders in the field who might be a good fit for this. So please raise your hand if you want to help out.
We are doing:
- A social evening at the Personal Digital Archive Conference http://personalarchiving.com in February in the Bay Area. We are hoping some of the Bay Area based companis in this space can sponsor it and that Pierre Wolff and Jeremy can play a key roll in helping promote it to people beyond the conference. Other Bay Area people can help too! if you are interested please raise hand by replying.
- The Digital Beyond is organizing a panel for SXSW and we will organize some meetup/mini-unconference thing there - Kaliya is going to inquire about venues from locals and Evan and John are going to get more info on relevant things happening at the conference so we can figure out a date/time.
The mailing list is now publically open for more subscribers http://lists.idcommons.net/lists/subscribe/digitaldeath Please invite people who belong in the conversation with us.
We are going to do a Next call for the community likely at the same time 8am pacific 11am eastern 4pm London 5pm Europe
I propose Wednesday the 5th of January. Does this work for folks?
- We should have the survey to review + more organizing info for the SXSW and the Personal Archiving event.
( I can work on finding an international bridge for us to borrow so we don't have to do skype. )