Higgins Project Charter
- 1 Name
- 2 Purpose
- 3 Principles
- 4 Practices
- 5 Requirements of Participation and How to Join
- 6 Licenses and/or Restrictions on Usage of Work Product
- 7 Current Deliverables and Milestones
- 8 Current Meeting Schedule
- 9 Current Membership
- 10 Current Stewards Council Representative and Alternate
- 11 Current Links
- 12 History
Higgins Project Working Group
The primary purpose of this working group is to support the efforts of the Higgins project. Higgins 2.0 is a project to create an open source Personal Data Service (PDS) that let's you control how your personal data is shared with friends and organizations you trust. A PDS is a cloud-based service that works on behalf of you, the individual. It gives you a central point of control for personal information about a you. Things like your interests, contact information, addresses, profiles, affiliations, friends, and so on. A PDS is a place where you establish bi-directional data flows between external businesses and your PDS. Or between your friends' PDS and your PDS.
- The Higgins Working Group will function according to the Identity Commons Principles
- See Purpose And Principles.
The Higgins project operates under the practices of the Eclipse Foundation. We have a developer mailing list, hold weekly developer calls, and periodic face-to-face meeting. See the Higgins Projectwebsite for more details.
Requirements of Participation and How to Join
- This working goup is open to anyone working on, using or furthering the adoption of Higgins.
- See the Eclipse Foundation for information on participation.
Licenses and/or Restrictions on Usage of Work Product
- The Higgins open source project operates as a project of the Eclipse Foundation.
- All work is done under the Eclipse Public License (EPL)
Current Deliverables and Milestones
Current Meeting Schedule
- See the Higgins Project website and developers-list for details.
- Higgins is an open source project of the Eclipse Foundation. Participation is open to all.
- Mary Ruddy and Paul Trevithick are the project co-leads.
Current Stewards Council Representative and Alternate
- Mary Ruddy (Eclipse Higgins project, SocialPhysics)
- Paul Trevithick (Eclipse Higgins project, SocialPhysics)
Approved by the Stewards Council on February 8, 2008.